Students should renew their FAFSA before the April 1 priority deadline.
Financial Aid Staff will be in the Spiva Library Coffee Shop on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays for two weeks in March.
Assistance will be available from 9 a.m. –noon and 1- 4 p.m.. on March 11, 12, 13, 14 and March 25, 26, 27 and 28.
Students should bring the following information to the Library:
* 2012 student Federal Income Tax return
* 2012 parent Federal Income Tax return (if dependent student)
* W-2s (if non-tax-filer)
* FAFSA PIN # for student (and parent, if dependent student)
New FAFSA enhancements allow students and parents to retrieve tax information directly from the IRS during FAFSA submission.
Individuals are strongly encouraged to use the IRS Data Retrieval method to reduce documentation needed from the Financial Aid Office.
For information, contact MSSU Financial Aid Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or (417) 625.9325.
Other FAFSA Frenzy events also will take place at Missouri colleges, universities and high schools.
Scholarships will be drawn for students attending the event in Missouri. Winners will receive their scholarships upon receipt of enrollment verification for the 2013 fall semester at a Missouri postsecondary institution.
2013 FAFSA Frenzy events will mark the tenth year that Missouri has participated in CGS. In the past nine years, CGS/FAFSA Frenzy has helped thousands of Missouri students obtain financial aid.
What to Bring:
• 2012 W-2 forms.
• Copies of your 2012 tax forms, if they are ready. If you or your parents have not yet filed your 2012 returns before you attend a FAFSA Frenzy event, be sure to bring any statements of interest earned in 2012, any 1099 forms, and any other forms required to complete your taxes. This will allow you and your parents to submit your FAFSA online during the event you attend. You will then need to go back to the FAFSA and submit corrections once tax returns are filed. The IRS Data Retrieval Tool should be available to help submit your corrections accurately within a few weeks after your tax file date.
• Student PIN and parent PIN. You may apply for your PINs at www.pin.ed.gov before attending a CGS event.
An inclement weather back-up date of Sunday, Feb. 24 has been set for FAFSA Frenzy events scheduled for Sunday, Feb. 17.