Summer vacation is for fun but it can be a learning experience, too. Missouri Southern State University will sponsor a variety of youth camps this spring and summer.
The camps include a Lifetime Sports Academy for children age 7-12 designed to teach children an appreciation for activities they can enjoy throughout life. Other camps are geared toward individual sports.
Several camps have already taken place. Still to come are the following:
• The Softball Lioness Camp (June 17-19)
• Women’s Basketball: Young Players Camp (June 17-19) Shooting Camp (June 20) High School Day Camp (June 23) Team Camp (June 24-26)
• Men’s Basketball: Boys High School Shootout (June 14-15) Grade 1-6 Day Camp (July 8-10) Grade 10-12 Individual Camp (July 8-9) Grades 6-12 Shooting Camp (July 10-11) Grade 7-9 Day Camp (July 10-12)
• Summer Attack Camp and Summer Setter Camp (July 15) Summer Defense Camp (July 16) Team Camp (July 22-23 College Prep Camp (July 26-27)
• 2012 MSSU Track and Field Jumps Camp: (June 28-30)
• Girls’ Soccer Camp: Travel Camps, held at locations other than Missouri Southern, will be available. Coaches should contact MSSU Head Coach Alese Woolard at email@example.com or telephone (417) 625-3014 to set up a travel camp date.