Missouri Southern is a student’s home away from home. It’s big enough to be interesting, but small enough for students to feel like they belong. At MSSU, students have the chance to meet people and develop leadership and teamwork skills in more than 90 student organizations – everything from sororities and fraternities to clubs related to academic majors.
There are a wide variety of activities throughout the year such as:
- live theatre productions,
- music concerts,
- campus wide picnics,
- The President’s annual ice cream social,
- intramural sports,
- finals madness,
- international themed activities,
- and more!
The Beimdiek Recreation Center gives active students many opportunities to stay fit when taking a break from their studies.
The 71,000-square-foot center offers:
- three basketball/volleyball courts,
- an aerobics exercise room,
- an elevated walking/jogging track,
- 100 weight and cardio exercise stations,
- the official campus Bookstore,
- student meeting areas,
- a 150-seat digital movie theater,
- a glass overlook facing the southeast offers an extraordinary view of the University’s lighted soccer fields, tennis courts, nature trail and Biology Pond.
We are proud of our successful athletic programs. The Missouri Southern Lions compete in NCAA Division II in the Mid-America Intercollegiate Athletics Association (MIAA) conference and have won league titles in football, softball, men’s and women’s basketball, baseball, tennis and men’s and women’s cross country.
Don’t participate in NCAA varsity sports? More than 1,000 students enjoy a wide variety of intramural sports activities from basketball to bowling, volleyball to soccer and many more.
During the 2009-2010 season, Missouri Southern Athletics produced 28 All-Americans, 10 All-Region selections, 72 All-Conference selections and 136 MIAA Commissioner’s Academic Honor Roll Selections.