Discussion during the Staff Senate meeting held Wednesday, April 9, included:
- The Southern Service Champ will be awarded this week. Nominations are currently being accepted for the next award. The date to get your nomination in is June 30.
- Rob Yust, vice president of business affairs, reported on three privately funded projects that will be great additions to the campus. The three projects are the new residence halls, the FEMA storm shelter and the football end-zone facility.
- Relay for Life will be held at Missouri Southern on Saturday, June 14. There are several opportunities for the campus community to get involved. The committee will be meeting to stuff goody bags at Hot Rodz at 5 p.m. Thursday, April 10; MSSU Lions for a Cure shirts will be sold in the bookstore; or you can take part in the Relay for Life for $10. Please contact Penny Richeson at ext. 9770, Debbie Fort at ext. 9558 or visit the website at www.relayforlife.org/joplinmo.
- Student Senate has passed the proposed ROAR Fund and it will go to a student vote on April 29-30. They are also currently researching a smoke-free or tobacco ban.
- The Presidential Search Committee currently has 25 applicants. They will meet Wednesday, April 9.
Thank you to everyone who attended Wednesday’s meeting. The next Staff Senate meeting will be held at 9 a.m. Wednesday, May 14. Visit http://www.mssu.edu/staff-senate/ for more information.