The MSSU Writing Program Committee has selected four students and two faculty members as winners of the Spring/Fall 2015 Writing Excellence Awards.
Student winners each received $250. The recipients were:
- Christopher D. Adams for “Life History of Myotis Lucifugus, The Little Brown Bat” in Professor Karen Pulcinski’s General Ecology, BIO 402.
- Emily Brewer for “Do Intellectual Property Rights Influence Patent Disputes in the U.S.? An Examination of IPR Scores versus Patent Disputes” as an Economics and Finance Intern under the direction of Professor Jonathan Adongo.
- Jayce Hylton for “James Meredith and Ross Barnett: A Battle of Wills” in Professor Steven Wagner’s Seminar in Historical Research, History 497.
- Callieann R. Jackson for “Effect of Video Game Exposure Type on a Memory Recall Task” in Professor Susan Tucker’s Psychology Senior Thesis course.
The two faculty winners received $500. They were:
- Melissa Locher, Assistant Professor of Teacher Education, for her writing assignment in EDUC 302: The Exceptional Child.
- Karen Plucinski, Professor of Biology and Environmental Health, for her writing assignment in BIO 402: General Ecology.