Downtown Joplin will be transformed into Lion Country when Missouri Southern State University hosts Third Thursday, from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. on Thursday, Sept. 21.
The event is presented by the Downtown Joplin Alliance and features food trucks, strett vendors, entertainment, art and music between First and Seventh streets on Main Street.
The university’s 50th anniversary at the Mission Hills campus will be in the spotlight, along with the Korea Semester – the university’s 21st fall themed semester. The university will feature more than 50 displays from various campus departments and student groups, including:
· The MSSU Bookstore
· A Korean chef offering live cooking demonstrations
· Chemistry experiments
· Live animals from the Biology Department
· Free ice cream for alumni
· Free inflatable activities for kids
· Performances by the Lion Pride Marching Band and Southern Jazz Orchestra
· Student athletes on hand to meet fans
A shuttle will be provided to transport Missouri Southern students to and from campus to Third Thursday. Shuttles will begin transporting students at 5:30 p.m. in front of McCormick Hall.