The transition to new student Microsoft Office365 email service, as required by Microsoft, was processed much faster than anticipated, according to Information Technology Network Services team.
Students must now visit https://www.outlook.com/mymail.mssu.edu to access their upgraded email service. Previous Live@edu (Outlook) service is no longer available for students.
Faculty and staff accounts will be upgraded in coming weeks. A separate announcement will be made when that occurs.
At this time, we wanted you to be aware of the student account upgrade and associated changes, the most significant being the change in the web address for signing on to their email.
We would appreciate if you would post this address to your Blackboard sites, initial class handouts, and other appropriate locations.
Below is the message that was being communicated with students:
Missouri Southern State University will be offering an updated email and productivity suite that can help you work faster and gain skills for the workplace. Microsoft Office 365 includes your favorite Office features online and allows you to create sophisticated reports and presentations, collaborate in real time with classmates, and share and edit documents from your phone, PC, or Mac.
Another advantage of this upgrade is that Outlook email storage space will increase from 10 GB to 25 GB.
What does this mean for you?
After the upgrade you will have two separate accounts with the same user name and password that you use to access Live@edu.
1. Office 365 account. This account gives you access to your school email. Missouri Southern State University administers this account.
2. Personal Microsoft account. This personal account will give you access to all your existing SkyDrive content, Messenger, and other Microsoft services. Note that Missouri Southern State University no longer administers this account. As a result, we cannot reset the password for you.
What should you expect?
Email. We will continue to use Microsoft Outlook Web App or Microsoft Outlook to view and send email, but you will sign in at https://www.outlook.com/mymail.mssu.edu.
What do you need to do?
Complete the following steps:
1. If you are using Internet Explorer 6 or 7, upgrade to a newer version of Internet Explorer.
2. If you use Outlook to read your email and you are using Microsoft Office 2003, upgrade to Outlook 2007 or Outlook 2010 to continue using Outlook.
3. Access your email and calendar at https://www.outlook.com/mymail.mssu.edu.
4. Sign into SkyDrive at https://skydrive.live.com.
Information and Support
For more information about the upgrade, see the Checklist for users.
If you have questions or need help, contact HelpDesk at (417) 659.4444 or email@example.com.