The nomination deadline for the 11th annual Writing Excellence Awards is Friday, Feb. 16.
Presented by the Writing Program Committee, the student awards acknowledge excellent papers written in 200-level courses and above during the 2017 spring and fall semesters. Up to six students will be awarded $250.
The Writing Program Committee is seeking nominations for the 11th annual Writing Excellence Awards.
The student awards acknowledge excellent papers written in 200-level courses and above during the 2017 spring and fall semesters. Up to six students will be awarded $250.
Faculty awards recognize excellent writing assignments used by instructors in 200-level courses and above. Two award recipients will receive $250.
To submit entries for the student awards, please submit the following to Christina Hamilton in Hearnes Hall 208:
The writing assignment (not limited to research papers)
· A final copy of the student paper without instructor comments
· A scoring guide that describes the basis for evaluating the paper
· A detailed nomination letter from the instructor (see guidelines below)
· A completed checklist describing assignment (see guidelines)
For faculty awards:
· The actual writing assignment that is given to students
· A scoring guide that describes the basis for evaluating the papers
· Using your scoring guide, explain how this assignment promotes good writing in your particular discipline. (Detailed, discipline-specific explanations will improve your chance of winning.)
Entries can be submitted by email to Christina Hamilton at Hamilton-C@mssu.edu.
The deadline for all submissions is Feb. 16, 2018. For more information, contact a member of the Writing Program Committee: Michelle Dawson, School of Business; Peggy Day, School of Education; Mari Beth Linder, School of Health Sciences; or Joey Brown, School of Arts and Sciences.