A reception to recognize the tenure and promotion of 18 Missouri Southern faculty members is slated for 3 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 8, in the North End Zone Alumni Room.
The earning of tenure and promotion are significant milestones in the careers of university faculty.
Awarded by the Academic Affairs office, tenure symbolizes the commitment and gratitude that Missouri Southern has for its faculty members. The process is rigorous, involving thorough evaluations of accomplishments and contributions by peers, leadership and the university president, ending in approval from the Board of Governors.
Those being recognized during Wednesday’s ceremony are:
- Dr. Amila Appuhamy \ Associate Professor, Mathematics \ Tenure
- Dr. Rabindra Bajracharya \ Associate Professor, Physics \ Promotion
- Dr. Lisa Beals \ Assistant Professor, Nursing \ Tenure
- Dr. Jacob Boswell \ Associate Professor, Mathematics \ Tenure & Promotion
- Mr. James Capeci \ Associate Professor, Spiva Library \ Tenure
- Dr. Jean Coltharp \ Associate Professor, Mathematics \ Tenure & Promotion
- Dr. Deborah Combs \ Associate Professor, Accounting \ Tenure
- Dr. Megan Douglas \ Associate Professor, Management \ Promotion
- Dr. Bill Fischer \ Associate Professor, History \ Promotion
- Dr. Ruben Galve Rivera \ Associate Professor, Spanish \ Tenure & Promotion
- Dr. Amy Gates \ Assistant Professor, English \ Tenure
- Dr. Carissa Gober \ Associate Professor, Teacher Education \ Promotion
- Dr. Mikh Gunderman \ Associate Professor, Criminal Justice \ Promotion
- Dr. Katie Kilmer \ Assistant Professor, Biology & Environmental Health \ Tenure
- Dr. David Penning \ Assistant Professor, Biology & Environmental Health \ Tenure
- Dr. Stephanie Schartel-Dunn \ Assistant Professor, Marketing \ Tenure
- Dr. Leslie Smith \ Associate Professor, Spanish \ Tenure & Promotion
- Mrs. Claudia Wilson \ Associate Professor, Industrial Engineering Technology \ Promotion