Thirteen members of the faculty at Missouri Southern State University were recently honored for their recent promotion/tenure.
Sponsored by Academic Affairs, the reception was held on Aug. 25 in the Ralph L. Gray Alumni Center. The promotion and tenure nominations were approved by Missouri Southern’s Board of Governors during their June meeting.
Dr. Lisa Toms, provost and vice president of academic affairs, said the faculty members honored (including one awarded tenure posthumously) have fully demonstrated their commitment to students and the university.
“The faculty recognized at the reception are great examples of the quality of individuals who instruct our students every day,” she said. “We are proud to be able to honor them for their dedication to Missouri Southern, their disciplines, colleagues and students.”
The faculty members recognized were:
- Dr. Diana Allan, Music Department, tenure
- Dr. Alla Barry, Biology, promotion, full professor
- Dr. Christine Bentley, Art & Design, promotion, full professor
- Dr. Otto Borchert (posthumous), CIS, tenure
- Dr. Will Delehanty, International and Political Affairs, promotion, full professor
- Dr. James Donelson, Chemistry, promotion, full professor
- Dr. Amy Gates, English, promotion, associate professor
- Dr. Katie Kilmer, Biology, promotion, associate professor
- Dr. David Penning, Biology, promotion, associate professor
- Dr. Victoria Rhodes, Biology, tenure
- Dr. David Sharlow, Music, promotion, full professor
- Dr. Carla Smith, Kinesiology, tenure and promotion, full professor
- Dr. Zak Watson, English, promotion, full professor