Being a leader requires constantly evolving your skills. That is what president of the International Student Club, Kayin Lee, believed as he took on his new role.

“As the president of this club, it has helped me take up responsibilities and roles that I have never experienced,” said Lee. “It’s brought out a side of me that I never knew existed.”

Lee had grown familiar with MSSU while in high school, leading him to apply and get accepted. It wasn’t long before he made his mark.

“Lee has been a transformative leader on campus for the International Student Club,” according to Dr. Sherry Whiteman, the Department Chair of Respiratory Care. “He has managed to be a campus leader while completing a rigorous medical education program.”

After graduation, Lee plans to continue his education while applying the skills he learned.

“I’m more confident in speaking in front of a group, as well as leading and hosting group events,” said Lee. “I plan to take this with me as I continue my education and work in my field as a respiratory therapist.”